Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sleep

It is 10:30pm.  A little boy just fell asleep.

I keep getting asked if he's an easy baby; if he sleeps well through the night.  Yes and yes.

He will wake up between 2-3am for a bottle and a diaper change.  Then straight back to sleep.
He will then wake up between 5-6 am for another bottle and diaper change. 
Usually, he goes back to sleep again until about 7:30 or 8am.
Then starts a series of being awake for a couple hours and napping for a couple hours throughout the day.
He's usually napping around 11am or noon so that I can eat lunch.  He's usually napping again around 5 or 6pm so that I can also eat supper - he's very considerate that way.
We go into bedtime mode around 8:30pm.  Have a play time and a bath, change into PJs, lots of cuddles and a big bottle, and he's asleep by 10:30.

The best part?  He set the schedule himself, and it works!

I paid the price for messing with his schedule one day about a week ago.  We were visiting Dave's parents and I let him sleep through the entire evening.  Big mistake.  He fell asleep around 7pm and didn't wake up for his evening play time.  It was my fault, not his, so I couldn't really be mad at him for being wide awake and wanting to play from 2 - 4:30am!  But boy was it painful!


So there you go.  I don't know what your definition of 'sleeping through the night' is (everyone's expectations seem to be different), but he does sleep well and I sleep well enough to not go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! You're lucky to feel human at this stage.

    Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments