Thursday, May 26, 2011

One month

This is the typical conversation I have about 16 times a day now:

Them: "So, your wedding is getting close now!  Excited?"

Me: "Excited isn't really the word I'd use...."

Them: "Just want to get it over with, eh?"

Me: "Pretty much"

Them: "Are you nervous?"

Me: "Only when I think about it"

Them: "Everything ready to go?"

Me: "Yep, mostly.  Just the little things now like flowers and a liquor license"

Them: "Good.  You have a dress?"

Me: "..... yes"


Really?  Really, really??  Do I have a dress?  I'm getting married in a month and you're asking me if I have a dress yet?  And I'm not just picking on one or two people here - EVERY SINGLE PERSON who asks me about the wedding asks me this question.  Apparently, it's the go-to question of marriages; they can't even help themselves.  Just like you'd ask a 5 year old what he did at school today, or a farmer what he thinks about all this rain, so too you ask a bride if she has her dress yet. 

Ridiculous.  Of course I have a dress.

A more appropriate question would be, "do you have a marriage license yet?"  To which the response would be, "Nope, that's Dave's job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments