Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snot Monsters

My BF's mother has good intentions, really, she does.  And when she invites us over for homemade pizza, you know it's going to be good - really, really good.  And so, when the pizza call came in the other day, I was there faster than two shakes of a puppy's tail.

Little did I know that I was walking into a full scale snot factory, complete with three little snot monsters hard at work.

The first one looked cute and innocent enough, and caught me off guard with a great big hug right at the door.  It was only after I had put him down that I realized he was an infectious goober head.  Still cute though.

The second one was disguised as a normal little kid.  She blew her cover when she'd hardly even look at me, let alone talk to me, which is very peculiar for this child, and I knew right away that she was trying to hide an illness.  That, or she was feeling a little envious of her brother & cousin missing a day of school and was just faking it; either way, she was looking a little green.  I spent the evening keeping this undercover snot monster at bay with a 10ft pole - which might sound a little mean, but precautions must be taken.

The third snot monster was in full form - covered in green slime and coughing his evil little germs on every person and surface in sight.  I still cringe at the thought of the trail of ooze he was leaving behind him.  Sweat and slime and snot bubbles - this child had already been living in snot monster misery for a number of days and was hardly even recognizable as a little boy any more. 

The rest of the hacking and snorting in the house was coming from a number of adults who, thankfully, were being a little more responsible with their contagiousness.

Suffice to say, it was the shortest visit on record to my BF's parents' house.

But I think I still managed to pick up a souvenir.

*cough**cough**hack**sneeze**sigh*....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments